A lot can happen In One Week—a weekly article focusing on what gaming things interested or caught my attention in the past week. I will report on what happened in my world of gaming and give you a snapshot of what excited me in the gaming realm at large. How many games can you play In One Week?
Yesterday was the first gaming convention we have ever organized and run. Cornerstone TableTop Day 2016 was great. We got a ton of compliments, lots of questions, the gym sound baffles worked amazing, and people genuinely were interested in why a church would reach out to the community and have people come gaming at the facility.
Nevertheless, most of my week was consumed with work and preparing for the convention, so I apologize for the brief nature of In One Week as I try to recount what happened…
What did I play this week?
- Tyranny of Dragons on Monday. Post later this week.
- Misdirected Mark and the #Chatroom4Life on Tuesday. Coming off really difficult topics, we heard about the Culture of Questions. Definitely something traditional gamers need to hear and think about for their games.
- Gaming and BS, the official D&D podcast, Talking TableTop, Talking Games with Senda and Phil–I think I cleared out the entire backlog of podcasts while working away this week. I am considering more after listening to The Lounge episodes of MM this week. I am blanking a bit on what I heard, apologies.
What happened to me in gaming this week?
- Same as what I missed…
Where did my money go this week?
- I Kicked Rifts! Now trying to decide on what to get, what upgrades to order, and how much finally to settle on. Oh… and shipping…!
What did I miss this week?
- Same as last week… I have no clue what I missed.
What excited me the most in gaming this week?
- I got to see and do a lot yesterday–and the months leading up–as a coordinator for Cornerstone TableTop Day. However, there were three things that specifically stood out: 1. Seeing a friend from Philadelphia take a few hours away from his baby daughter to play BattleTech and my wife nearly joining in; 2. Meeting Chris Sniezak and Jen in-person for the first time, very awesome; and 3. Running the Reclamation of Phlan as the administrator. I really hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed inviting the community into our church.
What was your gaming week like?
- Mine was great, but now I need sleep. Lots of sleep.
But… what do I know…?