A lot can happen In One Week—a weekly article focusing on what gaming things interested or caught my attention in the past week. I will report on what happened in my world of gaming and give you a snapshot of what excited me in the gaming realm at large. How many games are you playing In One Week?
What happened in gaming this week?
Where did my money go this week?
- Patreon: Gaming and BS, Misdirected Mark, She’s a Super Geek, Talking TableTop
- Kickstarters are in! I actually forgot to mention that 7th Sea was released to backers on June 17th. I scrambled as fast as I could to download that. There was an update this past week with maps, character sheets, loads of goodies! Tuesday was the release of Savage Rifts to backers and the subsequent meltdown of Pinnacle’s website and bandwidth allowance for the decade. I wonder if they warned their service provider that it was launch day and not a Denial of Service attack…? Even though the PDF was later released through RPGNow.com, I waited (im)patiently for my non-watermarked copy direct from PEG. I showed you “database error”!
- First, my business had a good income month. Second, a local FLGS had their annual weekend sale, starting Thursday. Put those together… aaand I may have gone a bit overboard. I actually went to the store twice, once on Thursday and once after getting home from a weekend getaway. Images below are the roleplaying games I added to my collection…
What are my gaming highlights this week?
- I do not spend much time on Facebook, but that also means I sometimes miss really interesting announcements! Transformers: Combiner Wars is a complete surprise to me, both its mere existance and the fact that is being launched digital and social media first by Machinima, instead of a TV network. It looks pretty good, I am looking forward to it.
- Look what’s in the T-shirt store! Heh.
- My wife and I made our way into Buffalo to have lunch with Chris and Phil! I was great to meet Phil in-person for the first time and to have my wife meet the two people I spend Tuesday nights listening and laughing to. It was also hilarious to see the results of Chris’ bachelor party. I did have to explain to my wife that, no, Chris does not do drugs, he is just having a hangover. HAHAH! We did talk geek, but the guys were very accommodating to the non-gamer at the table. Thanks for a great lunch! As always, I won’t go into Misdirected Mark here, but please tune in Tuesday for a Cutting Words review and the #Chatroom4Life at 8:45 PM!
What excited me the most in gaming this week?
- Advantage to Insight launched on last Tuesday! It was really exciting and terrifying to hear my voice on a podcast. Alex and I always have great gaming conversations and both of us are better talkers than writers, so it probably inevitable that we got behind the mics and said something. Now we have a logo design contest, a category on Misdirected Mark, and–heavens above–listeners! Chris told me the show got a bunch of downloads. Thank you all for listening! We are excited about the future of the show!
What was your gaming week like?
But… what do I know…?